Climbing Knowledge Base
To help you prepare for your trip please check out our range of advice articles. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, or need any further info, please get in touch!
- Training Advice – how to get fit for your upcoming trip
- Axe, Boot and Crampon Advice – how to choose the right boots, crampons and ice axe.
- Alpine Climbing Clothing Advice – how to chose the right clothing for you alpine climbing trip.
- Using Alpine Huts – information about using alpine huts.
- Alpine First Steps – advice and tips for first time alpinists.
- Alpine Ninja! – advice on moving quickly, for established alpinists.
- Planning your first Alpine Trip – locations, routes and resources for planning a first trip to the Alps.
- Ice Climbing Advice – European icefall climbing advice for first time visitors.
- Scottish Winter Advice – hints and tips for successful Scottish Winter cimbing.
- Scramble On! – Uk scrambling advice.
- Winter Walking – winter walking advice for Uk hillgoers.